Street style fashion and beauty trends is what most people have been going for lately rather than the runway trends. I personally like this year's trends which still incorporates last year's style of crop tops, plaid shirts, asymmetrical skirts and such. Athletic clothing is also being worn out daily and for most occasions now not just in the gym and courts.
The 90's style is still in which reminds me of my childhood but way cooler. I love wearing heels although my feet always ends up sore but I'm glad sneakers are more on trend. Runners and trainers are all the rage especially Nike Air Max's, Adidas Superstars and NMDs. I'm not a sneakerhead but I do own my fair share of sneakers that probably is a lot for a normal person.
Anyway, heading on to the beauty side of the trend you will see a lot of double Dutch braids, half top knots, full and half double buns or what is more known as space buns. Unicorn hair is also very popular which is basically sporting several hair color in full on brights and neon or cooled down silvery toned colors. Exciting but I'm not willing to let my hair get bleached. I've been dying to get silvery purple locks but I don't have the courage to put my hair through the process.
Since I'm a huge sissy in getting my hair bleached I'll stick to the less stressful hair trends which are the Dutch braids and buns. Today I've put my hair up in half double buns. Such a no brainer to do, just divide your hair into sections, twist into a bun and then tie with an elastic. I love these buns so much however they don't look too good on me. I have to angle my face in a certain way to look cute. I think this is mainly due to how thin the buns are and my face is too big. Lmao. But I do like sporting this look once in a while. The look I have been doing often is the half top knot/bun. It's cute and reminds me of a a Japanese samurai. You'll see it often in my snapchats. :)
As for makeup, well, there's just the influx of liquid lipsticks that comes in different finishes like matte, satin, velvet and even metallics. Every cosmetic company seems to jump into the liquid lippie bandwagon.
Anyway, today, let me just give you a quick rundown of the items used in this look. It is fairly easy. Not a lot of fuss and it is a very typical makeup look that I've probably done a hundred of times in this blog. The only difference are the items I'm using. Most of the products are fairly new, we'll at least in my collection.
- Ardell Brow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Vely Vely IM Custom Coloring Browcara in Red Brown
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation in Medium Honey
- Vely Vely IM Custom Flawless Concealer in Natural - applied underneath my eyes
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
- Levitation - applied on top of the concealer for color correction
- Lyric - on top of Levitation for brightening and on the bridge of the nose
- Shadowplay - contour the cheeks, temple and jaw
- Sombre - contour the nose and under the bottom lip
- Tarte Courage Blush
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight
- Tarte Classic Courage Palette
- Rise & Shine - apply on the brow bone underneath the brows
- Lucky Penny - apply all over the lidsTrailblazer - lightly blend Lucky Penny
- 3CE Long Wear Eye Crayon in #Cookie - apply on the outer half of the lower lash line
- Smile On - with a pencil brush, blend #Cookie with this shade
- Rosy Outlook - apply in the inner corners of the eye
- NYX Glide on Pencil in Brown Perfection - tightline
- Holika Holika Jewelight Waterproof Eyeliner in #08 Pink Topaz - apply on the bottom waterline
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eye Waterproof Mascara
- Ardell Demi Pixies False Lashes
Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Color in More Better
Tell me what you guys think! Are you loving the street beauty and fashion style trends this year? What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments below and follow me on Snapchat and Instagram @urhappybunnie for updates!