One of the things I really enjoy doing for my blog is trying out makeup looks. For months I've been going with simple makeup - minimal foundation, brows, soft brown liner, mascara and a light blush. I have moved away from using complex eye makeup for awhile and I guess it's mostly due to my boyfriend (DJ Xplode) sounding like Drake and saying "sweat pants, hair tied up, chillin' with no make up on, that's when you look the prettiest." I'm not bothered by that. In fact I'm really flattered when people say I still look my best all natural but I do miss the smokey eyes, bold lippies, and false lashes.
Here's my take on a smokey eye makeup look that still is subtle enough to be natural. I'm using the Maybelline Sunset Seduction Quad that I missed using from last year. With my eyes open you can barely even see the shadows but when I have my eyes close, the colors are pretty and sexy.
Face and Cheeks:
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC30 - two pumps of this foundation is enough to cover the whole face. This just evens out the skin tone and gives a natural look that is long wearing.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand - I apply this underneath my eyes and blend it to conceal and highlight.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus - I lightly dust this on the areas around the T-bone where I get naturally oily.
- Too Cool for School Artclass by Rodin - Combining this 3 shade bronzer and applying it to the areas where you get natural shadows, hollows of the cheeks, temples and jaws will give you a subtle contour.
- 3CE Duo Blush in #Peach Crush - Swirl a stippling brush on this beautiful duo blush and apply on the apples of your cheeks blending towards the back and you'll get a natural look.
Brows, Eyes and Lips:
- Wet n Wild Brow Kit - My Holy Grail brow product. Apply the wax first with an angled brush, fill in the brows with the lighter brown shadow and brush out with a spooky to make it more natural.
- 3CE Eyebrow Mascara in Brow and Gold - Apply the brown first to define the hairs and to put the hairs in place. Apply the gold to lighten the brows to match the hair color after letting the brown shade set for about a minute.
- Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner in 08 Pink Topaz - The creamy slightly sticky texture of this liner when blended is a great base for eyeshadows. Apply all over the lids and the inner corner of the eyes, blend out with your finger. This liner has micro glitters so it gives dimension to the shadows as well.
- Maybelline Quad in Sunset Seduction - Apply the darkest shade which is a dark brown shadow (the shadow all the way to the right), all over the eyelids with a flat shadow brush, bring this shadow to your bottom lash line as well. With a blending brush, take the silvery taupe shade next to the brown shade and use it to blend the brown. Using a pencil brush or the sponge applicator that comes with the quad, apply the pearly pink highlight shade in the inner corner of the eyes and on the first half of the lower lash line for a bright eyed look. (The quad in the photo is unused so it has a micro glitter overspray which comes out after one use. Because of the overspray and my awkward lighting, the true color of the quad is not picked up by the camera.)
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner - I know I totally missed this product in the photo but I've used it in most of my makeup looks so it's a staple. Just apply your winged liner as you like it.
- NYX Slide on Eyeliner in Brown Perfection - Tightline!
- Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara Waterproof - Curl the lashes and apply to upper and lower lashes. I applied two coats on the upper lashes for length and definition.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Button - This peachy pink neutral lippie is perfect for a romantic, natural look.
*I'm wearing Pinkicon Neo Cosmo Yearly Lens in Hazel
I really missed doing a makeup post so I really hope you guys enjoyed this too! I'll see you guys soon on the next post!