What’s so great about love that it makes me cry?
4Minute came back with a new song and MV entitled Cold Rain! I was expecting a very upbeat dance song which is the usual from 4Minute but was greeted by a heart wrenching and melancholy love song when the MV came out a week ago.
Cold Rain has this lyrics that I think everybody can relate to. At least once in our short lives we have experienced losing someone that it became so hard to cope with life after the fact of that person leaving.
"Tears are falling, flowing down my cheeks/I’m shedding tears mixed with rain/I cannot live without you, no life (alone)/I cannot live without you, no life/Without you, I’m struggling, my love,"
The beauty blogger group of bntNews International, the bntGirls, from Batch 3 (and now 4) have decided to do a makeup collaboration in lieu of this 4Minute MV release. Each of us girls will be doing a makeup look of the 4Minute members' makeup:
Bella - Sohyun
The MV is filtered to match the sad vibe of the song so I have also filtered my photos for it to look as close as how it is on the MV. Below is a BTS photo of Hyuna where you can clearly see her makeup and where I based the full makeup look from.
- Graymelin CC Base Cream - Hyuna has this clear and bright look going on, so I applied a whitening base cream. Since this product is thick and hard to distribute on your face, I find that applying it with your fingers and using a damp makeup sponge gives it an even look without making your face too ghastly white.
- Lioele BB Cream - Since Hyuna is very pale in the photos, I also applied my lightest shade of base makeup which is a BB Cream.
- Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer in Medium 28 - Apply concealer to any area of concern - blemishes and dark circles.
- Clinique High Impact Lipcolor in Citrus Rose - On her behind the scene photo above, Hyuna was sporting a warm red lip with a slightly rusty orange tone to it. Among my red lipstick collection, this is the closest one I could find.
- 3CE Eyebrow Mascara in Brown and Gold - Hyuna has thinner brows than I have so instead of filling them in I just decided to apply brown brow mascara topped with gold in order to lighten my brows and match it with my hair color which is close to Hyuna's as well (hair update soon!).
- Bare Minerals Sex Kitten - I'm working with mineral shadow pigments for the main shadow colors. Instead of using a wet brush, I applied it with a dry flat brush to avoid the foiled, intense look. I applied true gold all over the lid, adding two extra layers towards the outer portion of the eye for a smokier look. I also applied this shadow to the lower lash line.
- Bare Minerals True Gold - With a blending brush, carefully tap the excess off on the lid of the jar, apply this shade above the lid area on the inner half of the eye.
- The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex Shadow in 23 Toast - Use a warm brown shade as a blending color. Take a blending brush and blend the shadows for a seamless look. Don't forget to blend out the bottom lash line as well.
- L'Oreal Gel Liner in Blackest Black - Apply a thin cat eye line.
- Stylenanda 3CE Pink I'm Good Mascara - If you have long lashes already, apply mascara and apply an extra layer to the outer portion of your lashes. Hyuna had really wispy lashes that are very prominent on the outer portion of her eyes. Don't forget to apply a coat of mascara on the lower lashes.
- Ardell Natural Wispies False Lashes - Since I have that short Asian lashes going on, I had to result to adding natural looking wispy falsies to match Hyuna's eyes.
This is the finished Hyuna look from the MV!
Don't forget to check out Doris, Kim, and Bella for their own recreation of 4Minute Cold Rain MV makeup looks!
4Minute Cold Rain MV
Continue to support bntNews International and the bntGirls! We will be bringing you reviews on new and trending Korean and other Asian beauty products soon!