I had a good run with my Spring and Summer 2014 series and now that we're moving on to Fall, it's only proper to do a Fall 2014 series as well. Fingers crossed I'll be able to keep it up til the winter season. Following the previous series format, I'll be putting up makeup looks incorporating the seasonal trend as well as tips to keep your skin healthy and ready for the cooler months to come.
Kicking off the series is this Plum Toned makeup look. With the weather being colder it has always been such a trend to go for darker makeup looks - smokier eye makeup and bolder, darker lips. Plum has always been the color that is associated with the Fall season.
- 3CE Pore Silky Balm - This product comes with a small spatula and a sponge to smooth and the press the product on the skin. This primer has a soft, slightly powdery feel once on the skin and it truly does cover the pores leaving a nice, even canvas for the makeup.
- Covergirl Stay Fabulous Foundation in Medium Beige & Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer in Bulletproof - Since I need more hydration during the cooler season I'm mixing in this tinted moisturizer with my foundation. I'm still a shade darker so the tinted foundation which is too dark for me to use alone acts as a good color addition to the lighter shade of foundation that I have. I just applied this with a synthetic flat top kabuki brush.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder - I always have issues with dry patches on my skin during the colder months but at the same time it is pretty easy for the makeup under my eyes to fade quickly. In order to avoid that problem I just give a light dusting of this powder under my eyes.
- NARS Laguna Bronzer - I'm not going for an extremely sculpted face so I just slightly contoured my cheeks with this bronzer and lightly dusted it around my face as well just to have that semblance of the remaining "summer glow."
- NARS Blush in Goulue - This is a plum toned blush and is very warm on the cheeks. Just apply it to the cheeks and blending them towards the back of the cheeks as well as with the bronzer.
- NARS Higlighter in Devotee - Apply this highlighter on the high points of the face where the sun naturally hits - tops of the cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead, chin and Cupid's bow.
- 3CE Eyebrow Mascara in Brown & Gold - fill in the brows with brown, let it dry and apply the gold to lighten the brow hairs
- 3CE Triple Shadow in #No No No - Apply the taupe shade (first shadow on the left) all over the lid with a flat shadow brush or with a clean finger. Take a fluffy blending brush and apply the plum shade (middle shade) on the outer corner of the portion of the eyes and blending out the first shade as well. Take a pencil brush and with the same plum shadow, apply this on the outer half of the lower lash line. Wipe off the pencil brush with a paper towel and take the last shade, which is a pale gold, and apply it on the inner corner of the eyes and the inner half of the lower lash line.
- 3CE Creamy Waterproof Eyeliner in #4 Chicago - Line the upper lash line. Wing it out as you like and also connect the end of your line to the bottom lash line halfway through.
- 3CE Pink I'm Good Mascara - Curl the lashes and apply mascara to both upper and lower lashes.
- 3CE Lip Color in #501 Bella - Top of the makeup look with a bright but deep shade of plum lipstick.
Hey ladies! I know it took me awhile to update. Well, life gets in the way sometimes and I hope I get to update more frequently. I have a couple of reviews and looks to be posted in the coming weeks. Oh, if you've been keeping up with me on Instagram and Facebook (@urhappybunnie) you'll know that I have recently dyed my hair red! Yes, I'm a redhead now and I'm loving it. ^^ I'll put up pictures soon and on how I got the hair.
See you next post!