Summer season has officially started and I've been sweaty everytime I go out the door - uhhhh correct that, even after I take a shower. Keeping my makeup in place is such a chore lately since my skin also changed to combination skin type because of the climate change.
Today, I'm bringing you a matte look; natural and fresh too, very summer appropriate. I normally use quite a decent amount of products even if I do a natural faced makeup look on a daily basis. A little less products than usual, and with a change of lip color every now and then (which I'll make a blog post about when I get the chance) here's my recent go to makeup look.
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 23 - I haven't done a review of this BB Cream but it is certainly my fave Korean BB cream (Maybelline Fresh BB a cream doesn't is my fave American BB). It has an SPF so it's good when the sun is beating on your face. The shade 23 is light but it does oxidized on the skin. I'm thinking of getting the next shade darker since I'm getting more tanned now but this still works perfectly fine with bronzer and powder.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 25 Medium - just applying it under the eyes for dark circles coverage and around the nose to just take off the redness on that area.
- Tarte Flush Cheek Stain - I'm not sure how to describe this product - I guess it's a cream/gel stick cheek stain. It gives a warm, natural flush to the cheeks. I just dabbed it on the cheeks and blended it out with my finger. It stays on all day and admittedly on application it felt slick but afterwards it just doesn't feel like anything. Plus it may look dewy at first but then your skin absorbs it so it goes matte after a minute and after blending.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders - this is the most game changing makeup product I've ever tried in a long time. I'll make a review of this product soon to go a little bit in depth. I applied Radiant Light under my eyes to set the concealer, around the nose as well, chin and forehead. Dim Light I used as a slight bronzer/contour around my face and hollows of my cheeks and jaw. Incandescent Light to highlight the high points of the face which is the tops of the cheeks, bridge of the nose and Cupid's bow.
Urban Decay shadow in Naked2 - I just filled in my brows with this shade since it is a perfect shade for my light hair now.
- Urban Decay Original Primer Potion - Apply all over the lids to prevent creasing throughout the day
- Wet n Wild Trio in Sweet as Candy - with a clean finger, apply the pink shade all over the lids, blend out. With a smudge brush take the brown shade and apply this on the bottom lash line connecting to the upper lash line slightly using it to define the eyes. Use the pearly white shade to highlight the inner corners of the eyes using a Q-tip, pencil brush or even your pinky.
- NYX Slide On Pencil in Jet Black - just use this to tightline the upper waterline.
- 3CE I'm Good Mascara - Curl the lashes and apply mascara to the upper and lower lashes
Tony Moly Kiss Lover Lip Master in Allure Orange - orange is still in for the summer so I'm applying a lip stain for a long lasting lip color.
And this is the final look!