I love drugstore makeup and Wet n Wild has been my go to brand when it comes to high quality drugstore eyeshadows. I'm making using of the Wet n Wild I ♥ Matte Palette for my second Spring Makeup Look Series. I believe that this is a limited edition palette but hopefully it will come out again for spring. If you don't have this particular palette on hand, I'm sure you can find a dupe for this shadows somewhere. I also used all drugstore products to achieve this look!
The look is actually very easy to achieve and I hope you have fun playing with these colors as I did. ^^
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in 842 Medium Beige
- NYC Sunny Bronzer - Lightly contour the face and apply some warmth so that the face doesn't look flat and washed out.
- NYX Powder Blush in Rose Garden - Apply a light flush of pink blush on the apples of the cheeks for a healthy glow.
- Wet n Wild Mega last Lip Color in 903C Just Peachy - A slightly peach/nude lippie will keep the main focus on the eyes so this shade is perfect without washing me out.
Wet n Wild Brow Kit
- e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer - One of the best drugstore primer I've ever tried is this one from e.l.f. which is only a $1 (thanks to Jill of Lipstixtraces for sending me this one!). Apply all over the lid to prime the eyes.
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk - Apply Milk all over the lids and on the lower lash line and smooth out with a clean finger. This will act as a sticky base and will give the shadows a more vibrant color pay off.
- Wet n Wild Color Icon I ♥ Matte Palette - I have been so scared to use this beautiful and colorful matte shades from the palette simply because I don't normally use these kinds of shades but I found it really fun to finally be able to play around with it and come out with something that I would definitely like to wear more often. Starting off with the matte green shadow, with a flat shader brush, apply it on the first half of the lid. Pat the brush on the lid so that the color will stick to the base. With a white base underneath, this shade actually comes out as an aqua green shade. Next, on the other side of the flat shader brush, take the matte purple shadow from the same palette and apply it on the outer half of the lid, bringing it down to the outer half of the lower lash line as well. Taking an angled fluffy brush, take the matte peach shadow (beside the green) and use this to blend out the harsh edges on the crease. Lastly, from this palette, take the matte cream shadow on the top right of the palette and apply it as your brow bone highlight.
- Maybelline Eye Studi Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad in Sunset Seduction - I love highlighting the inner corner of my eyes, so taking this white shadow with a pink/gold sheen in it from the Maybelline quad, apply it on the inner corner of the eyes and on the inner portion of the lower lash line with a pencil brush.
- NYX Liner in Jet Black - Apply black liner on the upper and lower waterline.
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner - Line the upper lash line thinly with a black liquid liner
- Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara Waterproof - Curl your lashes and apply 2-3 coats of mascara on the top and bottom lashes. I normally don't put mascara on my lower lashes but I find that it's really flattering with this look if you put mascara on the lower lashes.
This is the completed look! ^^
Sorry my lighting is crazy since I took the photos during the afternoon.
Always stay pretty!