It's that time of the year where everything seems to be red and pink themed. I may have no date this coming Valentine's Day but that doesn't mean I can't look pretty. ^^ I made this look especially for VDay but it's a great look for any date (morning or evening) or even an everyday makeup. This look features the bright and dolly eyes that Asian makeup is famous for.
The makeup look is so simple and easy, as well as flirty and girly.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 220 Natural Beige - Apply foundation to with light-medium coverage so that your skin tone will be even and any redness will be neutralized. We want our skin to breathe and be able to peek out from under the foundation so that it looks natural and healthy. If you want to go with a full coverage foundation, you may do so as well but a full coverage makeup won't look as natural as a light./medium coverage foundation.
- Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer in Medium 28 - Cover those under eye circles and any blemishes!
- NYC Sunny Bronzer - Asian/Ulzzang makeup style doesn't really feature heavily sculpted face, but a light contour doesn't do any harm. Lightly contour the cheeks, temple, jaw, neck and even the nose if you want to have the illusion of a higher nose.
- NYX Cream Blush in Natural - Choose any natural pink blush. I'm going with a cream blush because it has been extremely cold here in the East Coast and a cream product helps with retaining skin moisture as well as make it look dewy and not overly matte/dry. A natural pink colored blush will give you a nice flush that is not too over the top.
- Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - Highlight the high points of the face: tops of the cheeks, bridge of the nose, Cupid's bow, forehead and chin. This will give you a healthy glow.
- Lioele Auto Eyebrow in Natural Brown - Fill in those brows to frame your face. Thicker and wider brows make you look more youthful and is one of the points in Asian/Ulzzang makeup. (Sorry this product is not in the photo! Totally forgot it.)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original - Always prime the lids.
- Maybelline Eyestudio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad in Sunset Seduction - Taking the second shadow from the quad which is a light pink-brown, satin shade, apply it all over the lids. From the same quad, take the darkest shade and apply on the outer corner of the eyes but do not bring it up to the crease. Blend out the harsh lines with a blending brush. With the same dark brown shadow, bring it on the lower lash line but bring it in only half way. Use the lightest shade in the quad, a pearly pink duo chrome and apply it on the inner corner of the eyes, blending it towards the brown shadow on the bottom lash line.
- Tony Moly Backstage Gel Liner in Pearl Brown - You may use any gel liner but a brown liner is more natural. Line the upper lash line, extend it past the outer corner of your eye (do not wing it upwards) and connect it to the bottom lash line. This will give you a wider looking eye.
- Maybelline Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara in Brown Black - This mascara gives me really natural wispy looking lashes, though it doesn't really give you extreme volume and length. Waterproof mascara is the way to go so there isn't any worries about smudging throughout your date. False lashes is optional.
- Verikos Choc Choc Tint in Amanda Pink - Lip tints are very low maintenance since you don't have to worry about it feathering around your mouth or it getting on your teeth. Choose any lip tint shade. Here I'm using a bright pink tint which gives off a really cute and flirty look.
I hope you ladies enjoyed this look and try it out for your dates this coming Valentine's Day. If you're single like I am... remember that you don't need a man to make you look and feel beautiful. ^^
Always stay pretty!