Hey ladies! As promised, I'm posting a look using the Urban Decay Shattered Face Case I recently got and here's the first of the two that I did using the palette. This look is a wearable smokey eye using everything from the palette. There is a nice pop of color that I think is very appropriate for the winter season. It also makes me look forward to spring! I've been wearing a lot of smokey eyes lately during the daytime but this is look is also great for a night out.
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Medium Beige - Per usual, I just applied it all over my face using my foundation brush which is the Sigmax F82.
- Kat Von D Concealer in Medium 28 and Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser in Medium - I applied the Kat Von D Concealer to hide my under eye circle which is very prominent and on top of it I use the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser to brighten the under eyes.
- Overexposed blush from the Shattered Face Case - Using it as a contour shade, I applied it as I usually do with a bronzer, the hollows of the cheeks, temples, and jaw line. As you can see, though it definitely is a blush color it works perfectly as a contour.
- Temper blush from the Shattered Face Case - I applied it at the back of my cheeks blending it with Overexposed and bringing it a little bit forward to the apples of the cheeks. I usually apply my blush this way anyway if you've noticed.
- Glint highlighter from the Shattered Face Case - With a small synthetic brush, I applied it right on top of the blush along the tops of my cheeks, the forehead, the bridge of the nose, bow and chin. It is a very subtle highlight.
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild - Using the lip color from the face case, I applied this to my lips and blended it out just a little bit with my finger for a more softer look.
- Lioele Auto Eyebrow in 1 Natural Brown - just filled in my eyebrows!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original - Prime the eyes. The shadows are very pigmented and lasts the whole day on their own the but I still like priming my eyes plus if you're going to rock this for a night out this will definitely make them pop a bit more. Don't forget to place a little bit of primer on your lower lash line as well since we're going to place a pretty purple shade there.
This eye look is pretty simple even if it looks complicated, it just takes blending to make it look really seamless.
- Apply Shakedown all over the lids with a flat shader brush
- With a blending brush, apply Nameless to blend out the harsh edges of the first shadow that was applied. Continue blending until everything is nicely blended out. If you made a mistake or the second shadow applied looked too dark and muddy, take a clean blending brush and blend again. I'm sure you'll get it right and clean after.
- Apply Bleach, which is a matte highlight for the brow bone.
- Line the upper lash line with a liquid liner, Maybelline Master Precise Liner. I usually save this for last but somehow I ended up doing this in the middle.
- Apply Shakedown on the bottom half of the lower lash line with a smudge brush.
- Wipe down the smudge brush used for Shakedown with a paper towel and use it to apply Remix on the center of the lower lash line.
- Lastly, with a pencil brush or with your finger, apply Minor Sin on the inner portion of the eye.
- And before I forget, line the upper and lower waterline with a black liner (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero).
That's the final look! Hope you ladies enjoyed this. I would post a more wearable daytime look if you're not into smokey eyes.
See you soon and remember, always stay pretty!