It's the fourth installment of Ur Made Up Face! I can't believe that it's already been 4 weeks since I started this series and I'm just happy that a lot of bloggers decided to join in share their made up faces. :)
Today, we have Jasmine from The Happy Sloths. I hope you enjoy reading her post! ^^
Hello everyone, my name is Jasmine and I am the author of a Canadian beauty/nail blog called “The Happy Sloths”. I am super honored to be invited by Joanne to do this fun guest blogger series. I am currently a forth year Biology and Psychology university student. Aside from taking pictures, swatching and reviewing make up and nail polish, I also love to bike, bake, paint, and watch movies in my free time, that is if I get any, what with school and blogging taking up most of my free time.
My day to day makeup varies, sometime I go for a natural look, nothing more than mascara and concealer but other days I like to vamp it up a bit with winged eyes and dark lips. But for the look I am showing you today, I picked something in between, natural eyes and bold lips.
When I do my makeup in the morning, I like to have YouTube videos playing in the back ground, usually clips from talk shows like Jimmy Fallon or Graham Norton, I love watching hilarious celebrity interviews.
Here’s what I used to achieve the look:
- For my base, I used Shu Uemura Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation. I need some good coverage as it has been exam season and my skin is breaking out quite a bit around my jaw line.
- For my eyes, I used a eyeliner brush and did a natural line near my lash line with “Chocolate Kiss” Stay Put Gel Eyeliner from Mommy Makeup. This stuff is amazing, it lasts the entire day with zero smudging!
- I then filled in my brows with a Shiseido Brow Pencil, which I forgot to include in the picture. It is hands down the beauty product I cannot live with and the reason I love it so much is that the color “GY901” is perfect for girls with black hair. It is a soft black/dark grey that doesn’t have any brown in it, which can look very unnatural for black haired girls.
- After curling my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, I use my favorite mascara called Fairy Drops Platinum Waterproof Mascara . This mascara never ever smudges, it also contains tiny fibers that extends the lashes. The formula is perfect for those with small limp lashes like mine.
- After I do my eye makeup, I go in with Mommy Makeup Mommy’s Little Helper Concealer to cover up my under eyes to make myself look more awake.
- On to the lips I chose a gorgeous dark red called “Cherry” from Annabelle Cosmetics. This lip color is super moisturizing and pigmented.
- For the cheeks, I used my favorite baby pink blush called “Down Boy” from TheBalm. This is the blush I reach for the most because it is just so easy to wear, the color is so natural and it blends so seamlessly into my skin.
- To finish up the look, I use my new favorite anti-shine mattifying powder from Mattify Cosmetics. This powder is the best one I tried so far in terms of delaying shine as I have a very oily T-zone
So there you have it, my made up face. This whole look took me about 15 minutes to do and hopefully you enjoyed reading my post, feel free to check out my blog if you enjoy makeup reviews and nail art posts. I want to thank Joanne for inviting me to do this series and I look forward to see more looks from other bloggers! Thank you for reading!
You're welcome Jasmine and thank you for this guest post! ^^
Stay tuned next week as we start the New Year with another guest blogger!