I don't know about you ladies, but I love rocking out smokey eyes even in daytime. I don't really go overboard with it and I usually wear neutrals whenever I do a daytime smokey eye. I hardly wear black shadows for smokey eyes anyway except for a going out or a holiday look.
So anyway, I have currently been playing around the Naked 3 Palette and I came up with this look by accident and it turned out really nice. This is actually really similar with the first look I did albeit a bit darker. I realized upon using these shadows for a week that the even if I use different shadows the final look that I come up with are similar to each other. This look is not overly smokey and with my eyes open you hardly notice that it is.
Oh and this makeup look stayed on the whole day without fading! I'm quite excited to show you guys how I achieved this look.
- I always moisturize my face before applying makeup but this time I'm using the Mizon Returning Starfish Cream and I find that this really helps my face stay hydrated all day and even help the makeup last.
- Prime the face with Verikos Ultra Matte Velvet Primer
- Next, I apply my foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 220 Natural Beige with a round top synthetic kabuki brush (Sigma F82)
- I'm not applying any powder to set my makeup because I have a matte primer plus it's really cold out here right now in Jersey City and setting my makeup with any powder product would make me look cakey and dry in the long run.
- I used the NYC Sunny Bronzer and contour my face - cheeks, jaw, and temples.
- I also used NARS Laguna Bronzer to just deepen the contour on my cheeks. I'm going with a darker lip later on and I think really contoured face looks good with it.
- I have a little bit of NARS Deep Throat Blush on my cheeks to have a little color.
- Softly highlight the face with NARS Devotee Highlighter from the Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette
Now for the brows and eyes....
- This is the third day of my Graymelin Seven Tattoo Eyebrow and it has faded a bit so I'm just filling in the brows a little bit of the Lioele Auto Eyebrow in Natural Brown.
- With an eyeshadow primer, I'm again using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin, apply all over the lids and blend out with your finger
- Apply Limit on the crease as a transition color with a fluffy blending brush (Sigma E25) - this shadow will just give you a nice blended look at the end
- Next, layer on Nooner on the crease and the outer corner of you lid with the same brush you used for Limit
- Apply Factory again on that outer V of the lids - you can build up the shadow to the shade you want. This shade will give you that really smoked eye look. I'm using the fluffy end of the shadow brush included in the palette by the way.
- With a flat shader brush, apply Mugshot on the rest of the lids.
- With the tip of the flat shader brush you used, apply the color Darkside to the outer part of the bottom lash line bringing it into the middle portion
- With a another fluffy brush, use the color Strange as a brow bone highlight. Also, with a pencil brush, apply it to the inner corner of the eyes and the inner part of the bottom lash line all the way to middle blending it in with Darkside
- Tightline the eyes with a black pencil liner (NYX Glide On Pencil in Jet Black).
- Apply a liquid liner on the upper lash line, I'm using Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
- Curl the lashes and apply mascara - I'm layering two mascaras, the Maybelline Volum' Express Waterproof Colossal and Colossal Cat Eyes.
- For that winter appropriate dark lip, I'm using my Stylenanda 3CE Lipstick in 604 Vamp. I absolutely love this lippie and I just like how it pulled everything together.
And that is the makeup look guys! I hope you like this. I seriously had this on the whole day and I didn't see any fading, I'm not sure what it is but it's most likely the combination of my moisturizer and primer that made it really last long.
Oh and did you notice my nails? LOL. Kinda hard to miss on that last photo. I've been loving teal green, olive green and burgundy colors lately... really into winter colors right now even if I really hate this season. I have on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Flirt and Sinful Colors in Snake It Out on my ring finger. The Sinful Colors nail polish is actually a magnetic polish that came out last year but I only like wearing it on it's own and not with it's magnetic design.
Always stay pretty! ^^