I am so excited for today's makeup look because I'm doing an inspired look from Disney's latest animated movie, Frozen! I watched the movie Thanksgiving weekend with my mom and niece and ever since I've been wanting to do a makeup look based on the Snow Queen, Elsa. My 5 year old niece, Desiree, couldn't get over the movie and asked for everything Frozen related for Christmas. I actually bought her the Elsa costume as well as an Elsa and Anna sleepwear and my mom bought her a very pretty Anna costume too.
Let's head on to the makeup before I continue babbling on about other stuff. I would just like to say that this look is bit of a toned down just because I wanted this to be more wearable and because I don't have that much lid space when I open my eyes for the purple and cranberry shades to show up. ^^
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Medium Beige - I laid on a foundation that is a shade lighter than my actual skin tone for a brighter and fairer skin that looks close to Elsa's.
- Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer in Medium 28 - Covering up those dark circles with concealer.
- NYX Powder Blush in Bourgeois Pig - With an angled brush, dust on a bright pink blush for that wind-blown cheek color.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde - For a more frosty look, apply a peachy-pink highlighter on the tops of the cheeks and the nose.
Wet n Wild Brow Kit - I'm just lightly filling in my brows with the light shade in the kit.
- For eyes, I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original as my eyeshadow primer and then I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk all over the lid, blending it out with my finger. I'm using this white pencil as a base for a more vibrant color pay-off.
- The shadows I'm using are from my IN2IT Eyeshadow Duo in Ritzy, IN2IT Eyshadow Quad in Chocolates, and my NYX Every Color Imaginable Eyeshadow Palette.
- Apply a vibrant purple shade all over the lids, either matte or a satin finish, packing on the color using a flat shader brush. Bring this shade on the lower lash line with the tip of the same shadow brush.
- Mixing a purple and fuchsia shade, apply to the inner and outer part of the lids (as shown in the photo above). This will add dimension to the eyes.
- Apply a dark brown shade or even a charcoal colored shadow to the crease area to define the eyes using a crease brush.
- Apply a brown shade with red undertones - I'm using a light warm brown shade for this one. You can use a brick colored shadow or a cranberry shade to make it exactly as Elsa's. Blend out everything seamlessly with a blending brush.
- Apply a pink, frosty shadow in the middle of the lids with a flat brush or your finger.
- Lastly, place a matte, nude shade on the brow bone for a highlight.
- Line the eyes with a liquid liner (Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liner in Perversion) thickly, apply a black liner to the upper and lower waterline (NYX Glide On Pencil in Jet Black)
- Curl lashes, apply mascara (Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Waterproof) and falsies (Ardell Natural Wispies)
- Lime Crime Lipstick in Retrofuturist - Apply a berry shade of lipstick. This is a nice red lipstick but once you blot it out it will leave a nice berry stain on the lips.
Just braid the hair to the side and you can get Elsa's look!
And here's my niece, Desiree, channeling Elsa! I did her makeup too but only lightly. ^^
I hope you like this! If you haven't watched the movie yet, you definitely should!
Oh, and Happy New Year! There's more to come for Urhappybunnie in 2014 so I hope you stay with me next year! I'm gonna be putting up a post on the first or the second so stay tuned. I'll also get back to your comments once I get more free time.
Love you ladies! Always stay pretty! ^^